One of the most common cause of bad cut is worn out and overused consumables.
Here are 6 things you need to be aware of with plasma consumables:
1. Thicker material will wear out your consumables faster
2. Pierces wear out the consumables faster than a continuous cut (ex: parts with a lot of holes vs. perimeter cuts)
3. Running the wrong set up for the material you are cutting will quickly wear your consumable (check your cut charts)
4. Proper machine grounding and dry air are critical
5. Dry compressed air is critical to good plasma operation
6. When running your torch keep track of how long your consumables have been in and change them as per your operator manual.
Remember consumable quality plays a big part in your cut quality.
Lane Stabile, Senior Technician